izHeatmiserNEO stopped working - fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

izHeatmiserNEO stopped working - fixed!

My Heatmiser plugin suddenly stopped working. It doesn't update temperatures anymore, but the hub itself is working - the Heatmiser app works fine. I tried even reinstalling the plugin, still the same.

The HSPI_izHeatmiserNEO.exe is running, I'm able to change the debug level in settings, I can restart the plugin from command line, no errors.

Code:
    Plugin: izHeatmiserNEO Instance:  starting...
    Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
    Host API Version: 3
    Connected, waiting to be initialized...
    InitIO called with parameter port as COM1
    In izStd.IniPlugIn
    Bytes Read: 15
    More Data Available
    Bytes Read: 1
    ResponseData Length: 16
    Initialised, up and running ...
    I wonder if this line is correct?
    Code:
    InitIO called with parameter port as COM1
    But when I try to change polling frequency:

Code:
    Posting back to plugin web page Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    -> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: 
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) 
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) 
    at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) 
    at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)

Update - interesting, I can actually change setpoint temperature from HS - it does update in Heatmiser, but not other way around, it can't read anything back. However it does polling, in log file I can see it's reading 16 bytes.

And if I try to open config page - I get in the log:
    Code:
    Getting web page from plugin page Config:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Very strange problem...

PLEASE HELP!!!

Comment

Nicolai,

Mine has done something very similar too. The log shows it is looking to IP 127.0.0.1, not the pre-configured IP address for my NeoHub.

How can you completely uninstall and re-install the plug-in?

Will

<table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left">Dec-31 14:39:20 </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left">
      </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Plug-In </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Finished initializing plug-in izHeatmiserNEO </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateShort LogDateTime1" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Dec-31 14:39:17 </td><td class="LogPri1" colspan="1" align="left">
      </td><td class="LogType1" colspan="3" align="left"> Info </td><td class="LogEntry1" colspan="8" align="left"> Plugin izHeatmiserNEO has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:49289 </td></tr> </tbody></table> <table class="log_table_row" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr> <td class="LogDateShort LogDateTime0" colspan="1" style=" white-space: nowrap;" align="left"> Dec-31 14:38:11 </td><td class="LogPri0" colspan="1" align="left">
      </td><td class="LogType0" colspan="3" align="left"> Plug-In </td><td class="LogEntry0" colspan="8" align="left"> Found plug-in: izHeatmiserNEO, version: 3.0.2.2 </td></tr></tbody></table>

Comment

Originally posted by Willm View Post
        The log shows it is looking to IP 127.0.0.1, not the pre-configured IP address for my NeoHub.
        I think 127.0.0.1 - that's IP address of the HS server since the HS and the plugin are on the same computer.

But the plugin isn't working - that's the PROBLEM, and nobody replies.

Comment

Very odd. If it was working but has stopped working then something else must have changed that then impacts the plug-in.

What version of HS are you guys on? I can try and replicate in my own environment?

Also, are you certain that the IP address of your neo hubs have not changed? (they are on DHCP so you need to nail the address via a DHCP reservation).
          Nicolai L

Comment

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
            System Uptime: 4 Days 0 Hours 37 Minutes 54 Seconds
            IP Address: 192.168.1.81
            Number of Devices: 153
            Number of Events: 64
            Available Threads: 400

Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.8.0: BLCpuAdvisor
            1.2.1.0: Device History
            3.0.0.42: EasyTrigger
            3.6.5.0: Harmony Hub
            3.0.2.2: izHeatmiserNEO
            3.0.0.12: RaspberryIO
            1.0.0.5: Restart
            3.0.0.76: weatherXML
            3.0.1.137: Z-Wave

Comment

All very odd. I don’t use the PI myself any more. However I have just tested by connecting my own system to the gateway and I can see the same problem that you are seeing. Basically the plug-in connects to the Neo gateway and when it issues the INFO command it gets a perfectly formatted, but empty, JSON string back.

I have called Heatmiser support, but they openly admits they know nothing about the integration and are not aware of any firmware updates that have been sent to the gateways. In addition the latest API they have is the version I have already been working to.

The best they could suggest was to reset the gateway and add the devices again.

Not sure where to go from here at the moment…
              Nicolai L

Comment

Same issue

I have exactly the same issue.

Comment

Please try 3.0.2.3. I believe this fixes the issue (has for me). I think there was a subtle change to the Neo API that changed how it interpreted the INFO command the PI was sending. Hopefully all fixed now.
                  Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                    I have called Heatmiser support, but they openly admits they know nothing about the integration and are not aware of any firmware updates that have been sent to the gateways. In addition the latest API they have is the version I have already been working to
                    The first thing I thought of - was Heatmiser firmware update (like Logitech updates break third party integration). But then I realized that the Heatmiser Android app still works without update.

Comment

OK, deleting devices and reinstalling plugin seems to fix the problem. Without deleting devices reinstall by itself didn't help.

The problem with setting the polling frequency still remains, so probably it's not related. To remind, I get in the log:
                      Code:
                      Posting back to plugin web page Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                      -> Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: 
                      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) 
                      at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type) 
                      at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) 
                      at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)

Comment

Now Working

Hi this now works for me. I was swapping over from the old heatmiser WIFI to Neo so had to delete all devices anyway.

thanks Nicolai. Great support as ever!

Comment

Please try 3.0.2.3. I believe this fixes the issue (has for me). I think there was a subtle change to the Neo API that changed how it interpreted the INFO command the PI was sending. Hopefully all fixed now.
                          Do you mean RasPi plugin interfering with Heatmiser?

Comment

Originally posted by alexbk66 View Post
                            Do you mean RasPi plugin interfering with Heatmiser?
                            No. In the past the Neo API allowed a query string of {"INFO":"0"} whereas the correct syntax now is {"INFO":0}

Once I amended this in my code the Neo gateway started responding correctly.

I'm surprised you had to delete your devices. I didn't and there should have been no reason (based on the above) why you would have to, but glad yo have it working anyway.
                            Nicolai L

Comment

No. In the past the Neo API allowed a query string of {"INFO":"0"} whereas the correct syntax now is {"INFO":0}

Once I amended this in my code the Neo gateway started responding correctly.

I'm surprised you had to delete your devices. I didn't and there should have been no reason (based on the above) why you would have to, but glad yo have it working anyway.
                              Thank you for great plugin and your support.

Comment

Working...
                              X