Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone on an SEL running this plug-in on HS3 beta 3.0.0.423?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone on an SEL running this plug-in on HS3 beta 3.0.0.423?

I have a user who can't get this to run on hs3 on the SEL with beta version .423. is anyone else else running this plug-in on that version? I know there are users using this on the SEL, but curious what version of HS3 they are running it on.

I'll be trying it locally on a pi to see if I can reproduce, but wanted to check just in case.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

For those wondering, I can't add hubs in the plug-in and the log shows this error each time:

Posting back to plugin web page MeiHarmonyHub_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in :0

EDIT: I've tried both stable and beta release of MeiHarmonyHub with no change.

Comment

Comment

I've posted a new beta version with some added debugging code to try and figure this out. It is failing posting back to the page. My debugging will check if it is happening on the config page or not.

Make sure, if it will let you, to check the "debug logging" box on the logging tab. There is a chance it won't let you due to the issue you are having, if so, I will create a version with debugging forced on for you to try.

See release notes here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1359528

Comment

Not sure on Mono version. I bought it about a year ago, haven't changed anything special on it.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
            I've posted a new beta version with some added debugging code to try and figure this out. It is failing posting back to the page. My debugging will check if it is happening on the config page or not.

Make sure, if it will let you, to check the "debug logging" box on the logging tab. There is a chance it won't let you due to the issue you are having, if so, I will create a version with debugging forced on for you to try.

See release notes here: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1359528
            I can check the debug box fine and get the "settings saved" info in the log, but it doesn't show anything extra when trying to add the hub, just the same error as before.

EDIT: Wait, disabling and enabling the plug-in solved that error, but now it says there's no hub at each IP address (I have three hubs that I can verify IP in both the Harmony app and my router). So I guess, one problem solved.

Comment

I'm not overly familiar with the SEL. Is there a firewall that could be blocking it?

Comment

Originally posted by Winnah9000 View Post
                Not sure on Mono version. I bought it about a year ago, haven't changed anything special on it.

You probably have mono version 3.2.4 and the plugin has newer functions than your mono version supports. Mine came with 5.0.1.1 and it was purchased about the same time as yours. Current SELs are shipping with mono 5.0.1.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mwolter View Post
                  You probably have mono version 3.2.4 and the plugin has newer functions than your mono version supports. Mine came with 5.0.1.1 and it was purchased about the same time as yours. Current SELs are shipping with mono 5.0.1.1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Best way to check?

Comment

In the HomeSeer web interface go to: Tools > System > Linux Tools, enter the username and password you used when first installing the SEL, then on the next screen enter: mono -V . You should then be presented with the mono version.

Comment

Originally posted by mwolter View Post
                      In the HomeSeer web interface go to: Tools > System > Linux Tools, enter the username and password you used when first installing the SEL, then on the next screen enter: mono -V . You should then be presented with the mono version.
                      Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.8 (Debian 3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu1)

Guess I'll try to update the Mono version and see if that resolves the issue.

EDIT: Okay, I tried to update Mono through the CLI and it's not updating, got a guide for it?
                      Last edited by Winnah9000; April 10, 2018, 11:36 PM.

Comment

@Winnah9000,

I ran into this error and it was due to perhaps the way I am storing the settings and retrieving them from the HS Devices. In the version I'm releasing today I have moved to storing the settings in files instead. If you want, before you update to 3.0.3.7 remove all traces of the plugin:
                        • Stop the plugin if it is running
                        • Remove all devices in HS related to the plugins
                        • Remove /Config/HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.ini

This means it will not try and copy any settings that are stored in the HS devices and should set you up to start from scratch using the new method of storing settings.

Comment

@Winnah9000,

I ran into this error and it was due to perhaps the way I am storing the settings and retrieving them from the HS Devices. In the version I'm releasing today I have moved to storing the settings in files instead. If you want, before you update to 3.0.3.7 remove all traces of the plugin:
                          • Stop the plugin if it is running
                          • Remove all devices in HS related to the plugins
                          • Remove /Config/HSPI_MeiHarmonyHub.ini

This means it will not try and copy any settings that are stored in the HS devices and should set you up to start from scratch using the new method of storing settings.
                          Still no luck. I haven't updated Mono though, so it may still be that and I'm not sure how to do it, I'll have to dig more.

Comment

You say the plug-in starts up though right? It fails when adding a hub? I'll add a lot more debigging code there and release a version tomorrow night if I can to try and catch it.

I can't think of why it would fail there, but we'll try and track it down in case it's not a mono thing. I'll also check my pi and see what version of mono it's running.

Comment

You say the plug-in starts up though right? It fails when adding a hub? I'll add a lot more debigging code there and release a version tomorrow night if I can to try and catch it.

I can't think of why it would fail there, but we'll try and track it down in case it's not a mono thing. I'll also check my pi and see what version of mono it's running.

Correct. I can get into the config page and everything just fine, but it gives me the error that no hub exists at the IP (despite verifying the IPs on router and Harmony app).

Comment

Working...
                              X