Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.425

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.425

Discussions related to HS3 release 3.0.0.425 released on 4/11/2018.

Release notes are here:

https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176440
    πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Please note the release notes do not list changes related to 425. The list stops at 365.

Comment

And the "discuss here" link, links back to the .368 discussion thread. I don't think your release notes update saved Rich
      cheeryfool

Comment

I was probably in the middle of updating the post, all looks ok now.

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
        And the "discuss here" link, links back to the .368 discussion thread. I don't think your release notes update saved Rich
        πŸ’‍♂️ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹‍♂️ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Has .425 changed since it was put on the site last week? I downloaded it on April 6 but didn't install it.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Rich, Could you have the dev. team look into getting this fixed for me. I'm unable to use the HSSentry until this is fixed..

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...postcount=1417
            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
              I was probably in the middle of updating the post, all looks ok now.

The link on the download page for the windows version download "SetupHS3_3_0_0_368.msi"

Comment

I wonder if HS3 needs to be restarted in order to get the upgrade. Seems that was the case before when they released it.

Comment

I shutdown HS3 and the speaker client. Then restarted HS3 and during startup got a pop-up that a new version was available. All good here.

Comment

This is interesting to say the least. I don't usually show all the devices since a lot of things aren't used. I generally put them in the "Unused" floor, then uncheck that floor and anything else that doesn't interest me at the time. Once in a while I will click Show All. I "assume" most people do something like this.

After updating to .425 I clicked on Show All. Well I got devices for SDJ-Health, BLOnkyo and MediaController. The problem is I uninstalled and removed all the devices for SDJ-Health on Jan 2, that's the last time those devices show updated.

I uninstalled BLOnkyo and Media Controller AND deleted the devices about two weeks ago.

These three plug-ins do not show in the list of running or installed plug-ins, either in plug-ins > manage or pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and expanding the HS3 tab.

How can all this be back and what to do to permanently delete. It's almost as if they all went to a recycling bin that got restored. For the device screenshots, there are many more as both have lots of children. I just clipped a small piece.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                      Has .425 changed since it was put on the site last week? I downloaded it on April 6 but didn't install it.
                      Same question. I have installed .425 last week...

Comment

No, its the same.

Originally posted by rprade View Post

Comment

Devices will stay in the database until you explicitly delete them. I doubt the plugin will delete them when you delete the plugin.

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
                          This is interesting to say the least. I don't usually show all the devices since a lot of things aren't used. I generally put them in the "Unused" floor, then uncheck that floor and anything else that doesn't interest me at the time. Once in a while I will click Show All. I "assume" most people do something like this.

After updating to .425 I clicked on Show All. Well I got devices for SDJ-Health, BLOnkyo and MediaController. The problem is I uninstalled and removed all the devices for SDJ-Health on Jan 2, that's the last time those devices show updated.

I uninstalled BLOnkyo and Media Controller AND deleted the devices about two weeks ago.

These three plug-ins do not show in the list of running or installed plug-ins, either in plug-ins > manage or pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL and expanding the HS3 tab.

How can all this be back and what to do to permanently delete. It's almost as if they all went to a recycling bin that got restored. For the device screenshots, there are many more as both have lots of children. I just clipped a small piece.

Comment

I saw that post and started looking into it. The problem is that we don't know exactly why HS is not responding, so we kill the EXE. I am not sure why its causing a database error. It might be possible to try to send a signal to the app to have it shut down gracefully, but if its in a bad state, this won't work. So I guess we could then just wait a bit and if it does not shut down, then kill the exe.

It will take some testing to see what the best method is.

It appears that HSSentry was not restarting the app after it killed the EXE, and that was fixed in build 425.

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                            Rich, Could you have the dev. team look into getting this fixed for me. I'm unable to use the HSSentry until this is fixed..

https://forums.homeseer.com/showpost...postcount=1417

Comment

Please post link for direct download

Rich,

I run HS3 as a service, so I don't get the 'update available' prompt.

Could you please post a direct link to 3.0.0.425 ?

As another poster indicated, the link on the generic download page is for .368

Comment

Working...
                              X